The Ruidoso Osos enjoyed their stay in Ruidoso for the Summer of 2011.
The Pecos League is a professional baseball league with the following teams:
Las Vegas Train Robbers,
Santa Fe Fuego,
and White Sands Pupfish).
. It is a Professional Baseball League that has a 70 game season from May to August and playoffs and championship series thereafter.
The Osos have moved to Raton where they keep the tradition alive. To follow the Osos visit http://raton.pecosleague.com. Go Osos!
- January 5th, 2011-Pecos League Founder Andrew Dunn received news that Clovis Field Manager John Harris had been hired into the American Association.
Clovis Independent School District demanded $37,000 for use of their field in the summer of 2011. This figure was pulled from the stars. The Pecos League immediately needed a 5th and final market for home games.
- January 11th, 2011-Andrew Dunn strikes a deal to goto Ruidoso New Mexico as the final Pecos League Team. Dunn agrees to put a team in Ruidoso but cannot operate the team.
- April 20, 2011-The Pecos League leased the Osos to Clyde Woods
- May 8, 2011-The first ever Pecos League game is played in Ruidoso with the Osos defeating Roswell.
- May 29, 2011-Clyde Woods bails on the Osos, taking all sponsor money with him. The team was completely depleated of funds and any chance to survive.
- May 30, 2011-Billy Page took over in Ruidoso and kept the Osos alive for the rest of the season. He got players paid and transportation lined up
- August 2, 2011-Billy left the Osos and the host families kept the team going.
- August 13, 2011-The Osos swept the White Sands Pupfish, encourage by field manager Keith Essary's comments.
- August 18, 2011-The Osos lost the championship game to Roswell 4-3
- September 3, 2011-The Pecos League was informed that Ruidoso would not have lights and not be a viable option for 2011 season. The citizens and fans of Ruidoso could determine with no lights and no beer there was no way Ruidoso could support a team in the Pecos League against other opponents with better facilites.
- November 15, 2012-The Pecos League announces the Osos will move to Raton New Mexico. This will end the Osos and Professional Baseball in Ruidoso for the forseeable future.